Monday, October 8, 2012

My Fashionable Ancestors (pt 2)


The second photo my mother emailed me this week was from the mid-to-late 1920s, judging by the drop waists. Probably more mid, since the older woman has a bit more of an earlier fashion about her, but it's possible she was just more conservative in her choices of clothing.

The shoes in this photo are making me insane with envy. Look at the cutouts on the lady on the right! You can probably click on the image above for a closer look. I'm also a serious sucker for cloche hats. 

Is there anything in historical fashion that you wish was more socially acceptable today? Bustles? Drop waists? Suits of armor? 

1 comment:

  1. The license plate is 1930. Does that mean these ladies were behind the times.

    Oh, and if you'd like to learn to make your own hats (from your own wool, if you are so inclined), come join us this Saturday at my friend Brianna's for a felting workshop! $100 includes instruction and materials and snacks.

    ReplyDelete