Friday, June 18, 2010

Baby veggies! (er... Okay technically they're fruits.)

Nothing like the sight of a


two inch early girl to brighten your day! I found this while sprinkling (organic) fertilizer around my fruiting plants this morning. This will be my first year fertilizing with anything other than an occasional sprinkling of composted manure. I can't wait to see if there's a difference.
I also spotted a young summer squash this morning that seems to be this first one to be pollenated and developing. Hooray! I spent some time planting marigolds around my squash, melon tomato and pepper plants to try to help the pollenators locate my garden a bit more. Next year I'll definitely do borage, since the strawberry plants are having no issues at all. I wonder if it's too late to do borage now... Hmm...
So this is my first shot at blogging with only the (first gen!) iPhone to get me going. Wish me luck!
Er. I guess if you're reading this, wishing me luck is kind of silly. Eh?











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Tanglewood Farms, Plymouth, MI

0 comments:

Post a Comment