Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pushy pumkins and exponenial growth




This is madness. I was out of town for like five days, leaving my gardens in the capable hands of my awesome friend Kay. Upon returning, my pumpkins had escaped from my three sisters garden and run rampant across the field. They grew more than fifteen feet in five days!



On top of the pumpkins traipsing across the yard, they've also rudely invaded the fenced veggie garden! I tried to beat them back to little avail. They're supposed to be in the left of the wire fence in this photo... Not creeping over it!


This story does have a happy ending though. In the five days and fifteen feet of growth, these amazingly powerful plants have produced several giant green pumpkins! There are at least seven fruits, all the size of my head and if you know me at all you know that means they are very, very large. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment