Thursday, January 20, 2011

A few photos to update

Jeremy and I cut almost a whole cord of wood yesterday, which for us is pretty fantastic. We're big-time newbies to wood, but we've been given access to the fallen ash trees around the house of the barn manager and so we've got a lot of work ahead of us!


After cutting our wood, I came home and put on my new slippers! I bought these with a gift certificate from my mother-and-step-father-inlaw at REI and they're great! They're smartwool (I bought them on sale) and very durable, as well as warm and wooly inside. The best part is that they're machine washable.


Basil is so bummed to have to stay indoors while Connor plays outside. I've decided that walking Basil after she's been cooped up is like trying to walk a unicorn on a leash. She leaps, bucks, squeaks, spins, flips... it's amazing!


It feels as if we've made it over winter's great hump. The few birds that are around are singing their sweetest songs, and I saw/heard a mystery warbler yesterday in it's winter garb. Of course there was no hope of identifying it while it's dressed in drab browns and greys, but the sight was enough to lift my spirits. We are more than halfway through the cold season. I am allowed to be excited for spring, even if it is weeks and weeks away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment