Thursday, November 24, 2011

To be Thankful

(Alright, I'm shadow-posting this from my Not Dabbling in Normal post this morning. Sorry folks!)

 
I am Thankful (this is my thankful face^).

In the past, I've felt like writing the whole "I am thankful for..." thing was ridiculously primary-school. It always felt forced and stuffy. I am thankful for my dog and my house and my Polly Pocket.
It really wasn't until this year that I realized that listing what we're thankful for isn't just listing; It's committing. It makes the writer bear a part of them self in a concrete way and it makes the writer really ponder the things in their life.

If you still feel like its primary-school-like, well... too bad.

 
I'm thankful for the bountiful harvests that occur around me each year, both naturally and cultivated.

 
 I'm thankful for the beauty in the world, and my ability to pause and take it in.

 
I'm thankful for the silly in the world and my husband's neverending ability to make me laugh harder and longer.

 
I'm thankful to have been born into a supportive, albeit strange family, and to have married into a family just as supportive, albeit a little more "normal".

 
I'm thankful for my life, my passions and my endless daydreams.

 
I am also thankful to be part of a blossoming digital community that comes together, via blogs and social networking to discuss, learn, challenge and inspire one another.

Thank you readers and NDiN contributors.

With love, Emily

1 comment:

  1. So many amazing things to be thankful for. Wishing you a very wonderful (albeit belated) Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete