Sunday, August 15, 2010

Making room for Mara des Bois

I really would like to phase out most of my garden strawberries next season...


I've been babying my Mara des Bois daughters by giving them their very own little raised bed. I haven't trimmed the weed block yet so it's a little sloppy. My goal is to get three more of these in, one for earlyglo, one for surecrop and one for honeyoye strawberries. That'll free up on of my pentagonal beds for sparkle strawberries to spread. I may phase out surecrop altogether before next season though. I wasn't very impressed with their taste, though they produce very large pretty berries.
As my Mara des Bois produce more babies I'll probably pot up and sell my other garden varieties. The Mara are definitely my favorite! Sparkle is a close second though so I'll keep them around, though I may put them down by the raspberries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment