Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wooden Seed Flats



I've been working on building nine wooden seed flats that fit snugly into my seed starting shelves. These will be perfect to use with soil blocks that I make with my soil blocker. I estimate these cost me roughly $20-25 dollars to make total, and after some irritating discoveries about the quality of big-box-store nails I've finally finished them!

Now to start planting...

I'll try to post a tutorial for these if anyone is interested. They're made from a batch of locally milled cedar that was cut incorrectly and thus sold at a discount.

--
Do you start your own seeds? What do you start them in? Do you have any plastic free seed starting tips to share?

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through maya-made (since you won the giveaway! congratsss!!!!) can't wait to read more, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete